PRESCHOOL IS WHERE THE FUN BEGINS!
September 7, 2018
This week has been a fun week of learning to cut with scissors! I am happy to report that no one cut their hair, their neighbor's hair, their shirt, or their neighbor's shirt!! We stuck to cutting the designated paper! Now, that is what I call a successful week in K4. J
Bible Verse: James 1:17, “Every good and perfect gift is from above.”
Thought For The Week: “Responsibility”- Having your child be responsible for age appropriate chores is great!! Allowing him/her to set the dishes, fold wash rags, run the sweeper, clean the front door, dry pots and pans, and pick up his/her own toys are just a few ways to build a child's self-worth and confidence. Also, may I say as a recovering perfectionist, don't re-do the job in front of him/her. Praise him/her for the effort. It's not going to be perfect, but as long as he/she tries their best, that is what counts!
1. Next Thursday, September 13th, is our Fire House Field Trip!!! Don’t forget to send in goodies for the firemen!!! We want to be the hands and feet of Jesus for them!!!
2. Friday, September 21st, is Teacher-Inservice. School lets out at noon. The afternoon class will not meet. If your child will be staying in daycare, he/she will need to bring a lunch and drinks from home. The kitchen will be closed.
3. Monday, September 24th, is Late-Start Monday. The morning class will not meet. Daycare is provided for full time students. Please make sure your child eats before coming to school. The kitchen is closed until lunch on Late-Start Mondays.
4. No school on Thursday and Friday, October 4th and 5th, due to the WVCEA Teacher Convention.
5. Don't forget to tell your parents about our Grandparents’ Day program on October 12th, at 9:00 am.
6. If you did not get a letter from me telling what your child is to wear on Grandparent’ Day, please see me ASAP.
The Soldier Update